Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday... or How I Spent Midnight On The Beach With A Friend.

Saturday actually started off a few seconds after midnight on Friday, venturing a few dozen miles from home to a secluded beach area north of Myrtle Beach, I was honored to witness the wedding of a friend and allowed to try and capture a few photos for them to have as a momento of this union. Arriving on the beach I was only there a short while before the local patrol officer became curious as to the intentions of my wife and I. When I expalined the reason for our visit ( remember it was at this point only me and my wife there ) the officer looked a little bewildered. I was informed that the norm for a car parked there at that hour was teenagers drinking and having sex on the beach... not to be outdone I without even batting an eye stated " well officer, that over there is my wife and if you have anything to drink in the cruiser there, I will gladly try and follow the norm. Actually amused, the officer chuckled a bit and said the car was fine where it was and to have fun. Just about the time the officer was leaving, Nathan pulls up and backs up my story, the minister arrived a few seconds later and then the bride to be.
The moon was high over head but afforded only a small amount of light, just enough to see the billowing clouds, the beautiful sky, sand and surf. I don't think it could have been more perfect for a wedding, just the two of them, the minister and God's wonderful creation as a backdrop. ( oh and a my wife and myself lighting up the night with flash after flash, hoping forthe best! ) It is hard to describe the joy and the peace that was in the air, it was like a tingle that you get as a kid on Christmas morning.
My greatest wish for them both is that thru the years the love they share for one another will grow and deepen in such a way, that many many years from now they look back on this special day, their wedding day, and say that this was they day they loved each other the least in all their time together!

After a short nights sleep, my wife and I took our youngest daughter Morgan to have 4 teeth removed so as to make room for the existing teeth and ready them for braces in a few weeks, It is NEVER easy to see your child in pain! Back home and then off to the shop for a short day, got a bit done, delivered and installed a HUGE wall graphic, designed and new art carved sign for a new shop soon to be announed in Market Common, saw a few friends, shared a few laughs and then home. A late evening walk with my beautiful wife and the Yorkie around the block and then back home to sit and compose a few thoughts here.

Sunday is just around the bend, a day of rest and worship... much needed on both accounts.
See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Terry so much for the kind words as well as your time and the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete